Taylor Swift’s Dad Will Not Face Any Charges in Wake of Paparazzi Encounter, Police Confirm – Variety

By Chris Willman
Senior Music Writer and Chief Music Critic
Despite a photographer’s complaint to police that Taylor Swift‘s father attacked him during a paparazzi encounter last month, no charges will be filed in the incident, Australian police confirmed Tuesday.
The statement from police, reported by RTE, said that officers “conducted an investigation following a report of an assault” but that, as a result of it being looked into, “no further police action” will be taken.
On Feb. 26, photographer Ben McDonald had registered a complaint maintaining that Scott Swift had gotten physical with him as the Swifts’ party disembarked from a yacht while the superstar was in the country to perform dates in Sydney and Melbourne on the Eras Tour.

McDonald had maintained that an umbrella was put in his face to prevent him from grabbing shots, and that Scott Swift took it further by “charging” at him, per the photographer’s account in the Daily Mail.
Police at the time said that they were called to investagate an “alleged assault after a 71-year-old man allegedly assaulted a 51-year-old man at Neutral Bay Wharf. The younger man reported the incident and inquiries are now underway by officers attached to North Shore Police Area Command. The man did not require medical treatment.”
The star’s rep responded at the time by saying that “two individuals were aggressively pushing their way towards Taylor, grabbing at her security personnel, and threatening to throw a female staff member into the water.”
A Variety and iHeartRadio Podcast
The Business of Entertainment

source

Sim

Related Posts

Why Taylor Swift Wrote Ellen Pompeo the "Biggest Check" When They First Met – Marie Claire Magazine

Why Taylor Swift Wrote Ellen Pompeo the “Biggest Check” When They First Met  Marie Claire Magazinesource

Watch Bon Iver Discuss Collaborating With Taylor Swift, Charli XCX, and More on Fallon – Pitchfork

Watch Bon Iver Discuss Collaborating With Taylor Swift, Charli XCX, and More on Fallon  Pitchforksource

Taylor Swift Sparks Rumors of Second Eras Tour Movie While Filming First Night of Vancouver Shows – justjared.com

Taylor Swift Sparks Rumors of Second Eras Tour Movie While Filming First Night of Vancouver Shows  justjared.comsource

Taylor Swift tours the Era(s): Review – Burlington News

Taylor Swift tours the Era(s): Review  Burlington Newssource

Hearing Taylor Swift's Eras Tour Crowd Sing 'Exile' Was an 'Out of Body' Experience for Bon Iver – Rolling Stone

Hearing Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour Crowd Sing ‘Exile’ Was an ‘Out of Body’ Experience for Bon Iver  Rolling Stonesource

Paris Hilton among celebrities to lose homes in LA fires – France 24

Paris Hilton among celebrities to lose homes in LA fires  France 24source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *